Monday, July 03, 2006

Coffee...

I love coffee. Shannon likes to complain about my obsession with kitchen gadgets, and here is the coffee example. First, I'm the only coffee drinker in the house. So on a regular day I'll use the Automatic Drip. We bought this coffee maker because I can brew directly into 1 or 2 travel mugs, or if we have company I can make a carafe.
Sometimes I'll use the French Press which makes the best tasting coffee. Lots of people don't like press coffee because it's a little grainy, But the taste is excellent. I just bought the Stovetop Espresso maker yesterday. I've wanted one for a long time and I have to say it works very well. A nice inexpensive gadget.
This Cappucino maker doesn't see nearly enough use. I really like it , and at one time I could make the best Mocha (incidentally if you're in or around Oakland, the best Mocha is at Gaylord's on Piedmont...They make it with melted chocolate ice cream). There is just to much clean up time after I make a couple Cappucino's.
Now I think I used this twice, and I think it used to be Shannons Grandmothers. Percolators don't make the best coffee, but I just think it's kind of cool.
On the weekends I brew coffee directly into the Batman (I put the Mickey mug there for a size reference) mug. I like it with a shot of Bailey's, it's a nice way to start a Saturday.
There's a couple of other coffee makers I'd like, but they are like $600 and $800 so I don't think I'll be getting them any time soon.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

You'd think that Will be would be a bit more high energy than he is with all that coffee.

Kelly O said...

Yum, I love a good cup of coffee. I have a few coffee makers myself. I don't have a french press, but they sure do make good coffee. I felt spoiled at your house when I had more morning coffee brewed right into my own travel mug.

wilsajedi said...

I love beer too, but I don't drink that all the time either. Some people think I do...but alas no.

angie, party of one said...

That's quite a coffee set up you have there Will. I wish I liked coffee so I could come have a tasting round table.
When I worked at O'Kane's we served coffee in a french press and the customers raved about the taste. People stole them all though, go figure.

Wudas said...

I've never had French press coffee. But I love coffee and ever since you showed me different grinders and home roasters I've had this itch to try it. But, alas, I am hampered by two things: money and space. Sigh.

wilsajedi said...

HOME ROASTERS! I forgot about those, i've got to get one and I don't think there that expensive.