Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ebelskiver

These are Ebelskivers...


This is an Ebelskiver pan...


Now I remember this pan hanging around my parents kitchen, but I don't think my parents ever used it. So I told my mom I was taking it. Cleaned it up, and reseasoned it (it's cast iron), And I tried it out on the 4th of July (breakfast).


So I had to go online for a recipe, and directions.


It's kind of a messy process.


They tasted real good with Powdered Sugar and Jelly.


I think these are Danish, so they made a perfect 4th of July treat. Remember, we are a nation of immigrants (cue the Led Zep music).

That's all until the next dink-out.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

And I wonder why I can never lose any weight.

angie, party of one said...

Wow those look ymmmy! I like anything with powered sugar on it.
Example...funnel cakes. I pay to get into the fair just so I can eat funnel cakes. And ride the Zipper, but mainly for the funnel cakes.

Shannon said...

Angie, I love funnel cakes too. They had a funnel cake place at Marine World. I couldn't stop thinking about them until I got one later that day.

Wudas said...

I get why you can't lose weight but I don't have Will cooking here so what's my problem.

Love the funnel cakes. Ask your father-in-law about that Danish stuff. I think Dave has tasted some of it.

Kelly O said...

High calorie posts from your household. I bet they were delicous with the home made jam. I would have to add 5 miles a week if I lived near you two.