Sunday, October 07, 2007

Falling Down Drunk (almost)

So last night was the crawl, and I got DRUNK. Not tipsy or a little drunk but wasted. Apparently the other reason I like to have Shannon there is to act as my anchor. I don't think I drank as much as last year, but I don't think I had a big enough dinner before the crawl. Luckily Angie was there to give me a ride home. I got home and got sick, a first for me on the crawl.

The night started off well, as Shannon was dropping me off 'Living on a prayer' was on the radio. I thought it was a good omen. Ryan had the idea to tell people to come in costume. The idea behind this was in hopes of getting women dressed as 'slutty nurse', 'slutty cop', 'slutty slut', in short, Ryan is a pig. But that was fine with me because Angie and I had a good time discussing if they would make it to the end. (Some of these girls had very high heels, not sensable for walking)

The only drawback to the costume crawl, was that people thought my kilt was a costume! I politely told them no and they didn't believe me. If Steve or Ryan were around I would ask them "whens the last time you saw me in pants?" That seemed to convince them. Chris wore his kilt too, I gave out some Utilikilts business cards (I really need to open a store, I can so sell these things) and I ran into a friend from High School.

Well I never fell down, but I sure couldn't walk straight. Thank you Angie for getting me home safely, and thank you Shannon for not being mad at me for coming home drunk. Lastly, thanks to the man who invented the toilet and for making its porcelain surface so cool and soothing.

p.s. I went with the Survival Kilt.
p.p.s. One of the other reasons I like Shannon to go is for her beautiful photo documentation. IE: no pictures without her.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that Will drove the big white bus early this morning. Thank you Angie for giving Will a ride home.

Kelly O said...

That is funny! I love that you were almost falling down drunk. I can't wait for APL to post, maybe you did fall down and you don't remember it? APL will give us the straight story.

Everyone should take the big white bus around the block every once in while.

I do miss the pictures! Next time Shannon needs to go. Next time I need to go!

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure you'd like the photo documentation of this particular crawl. Maybe I should go along and show you how it's done. Or my parents could.