Friday, November 09, 2007

Tragedy...(sort of)

Okay, so in the grand scope of things (death, illness, death, and death again) it's not really a tragedy. Needless to say I am really (RREEAALLYY) mad. Really I am, I scared the kids, I totally didn't mean too. I'm sorry for that. It starts with this washing machine, never buy this "Kenmore Elite" no matter what the fuck Consumer Reports says about it. (BTW they rated it #1 for 2 or 3 years, bullshit!) I loaded it this morning and set the timer, so it would be done before I got home. When I opened the door I knew something was wrong.
I saw my brown Workman kilt in the front but it didn't look right. I pulled it out and saw a huge tear. Right across one of the pleats. This is not the first time this washer has torn our clothes. We had 2 of Shannon's shirts torn and 1 of the sheets for our bed.


Taylor was on the phone with Shannon when I found the kilt (and yelled), she got a little scared (when I yell it can be scary, Daisey hides, kids cry, it's really not cool). So I gave her a hug and told her that I was sorry for scaring her. I really hate this washer. The dryer sucks too, it keeps turning off when the clothes are still wet. WTF! P,S,T,F,CS,MF,andB!
The only possible bright side (besides taking a sledgehammer to this piece of shit washer) is that Utilikilts has a repair program, so I'll have to call them tomorrow sometime to see what can be done. I'm not sure if Shannon's considerable talent can fix this. What do you think?

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm not sure that I can fix that. Maybe we need to look into getting a new washer and dryer. But my car needs maintenance first.

wilsajedi said...

maybe next year after taxes.

wilsajedi said...

update: I called Utilikilts this morning and was told that Joe, the repair/exchange/warrenty guy, is in on Monday and I should call back then. wish me luck. Utilikilts has a 90 day warrenty for normal wear and tear. This may not qualify as normal but I'm hopeful they'll cut me some slack.

angie, party of one said...

That sucks Willie B...I hope they can fix it. To you that's like losing a kid!

Anonymous said...

Even if you have to pay for the repair it will be cheaper than a new kilt. Your kilt will just look a bit more used. Even if they have to patch a piece in it will look like a fine pair of designer jeans.

I love my Maytag front loader. I heard LG is great. I'd consider a used washer before I used that PoS one more time. The dryer can wait. I'd sure as hell call Sears and see what they have to say about the whole mess. I've never heard of a washer that tore up clothes.

wilsajedi said...

apparently there is a class action lawsuit filed against kenmore/whirlpool for this washer. I went ahead and put my name down.

Kelly O said...

Oh Will! I saw the picture of your kilt and it made me want to cry for you. Why is it always our favorite piece of clothing that gets eaten my the machine.

I would take the kilt into sears and ask them to do something about it.

Anonymous said...

You should write to Consumer Reports too!

wilsajedi said...

I called Utilikilts today and told them about my problem. I gave him my blog address so he could see the damage. He said he had to check with the production manager, but it should cost about $15 for the repair and $15 for shipping. So I'll be sending this up as soon as I can.