Sunday, September 18, 2005

Dark Carnival...


This morning, after we picked up the kids. I took everyone to my favorite book store, Dark Carnival. I love this place, they have so many books and not enough shelf space. It's one of those places you go to when you want a book that's kind of rare or not in hardback anymore. They specialize in science fiction, fantasy, and mysteries. I wasn't sure how Shannon was going to like this place, I mean I knew she would like the selection, but I wasn't so sure about the clutter. Stacks and stacks of books, it's kind of hard to navigate through and she's a bit of a neat freak (just "a bit").

Yesterday morning Taylor and made waffles. While they were cooking, and the steam was billowing out, she says "I can smell them". Then she waves the steam toward her and says "come to me"... No wait it was more like " c o m e t o m e" sort of like the wicked queen in 'Snow White'. I looked at her and thought "where the heck did that come from?"

Well, I know this post was kind of lame, but I had to post something because I'm not sure I'll have time in the next few weeks. Shannon will be gone, leaving me hear with two kids, AARRGH. The next post should be about the crawl. "What's the crawl" you ask? Here's the link www.castrovalleycrawl.com and here's the link to Dark Carnival too www.darkcarnival.com check them out, come to the crawl go to the bookstore eat some pizza.

See ya....

9 comments:

Wudas said...

I know what the "the crawl" is. Will Shannon be back before it happens? Are you guys interested in attending any Celtic or Renaissance Faires? There are three left this year that I know of.

Kelly O said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly O said...

What a great website for "the crawl" I figured it had to be a bar crawl but how very cool to hit all the CV hotspots. I wish I could be there!

wilsajedi said...

Shannon comes home on the 29th, but she's not sure what her work schedule is.

I'll ask Shannon about the Ren faire, I'd like to go.

Wudas, you should come out for "the crawl". Sorry you can't make it Kelly.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I would LOVE to go to the crawl with you guys. I have to work that night but I get off at 10:30 so maybe I could meet you.

Shannon said...

We'd love to see you at the crawl Angie. I'm hoping I don't have to work over the weekend but my supervisor hadn't made the new schedule before I left for OKC. After all the drinking I did the other night I know I won't be able to drink much on the crawl.

wilsajedi said...

Angie, we try to spend about half an hour at each bar, but around Spanky's we lose track of time. Must be the karaoke;)

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll take some personal leave from 9:00pm on so I can be there in the beginning. I can't drink much either Shannon, I have to drive home and go to work the next day.

wilsajedi said...

9:00 we should be at the Brass Boar, that's a classy joint