Sunday, October 02, 2005

Crawling...

Well we don't have any pictures yet, because we didn't take the camera. I'm sure someone will eventually Email us some pics so we can post some. Shannon and I had a great time. It's funny because some people we only see once a year on the crawl, but everyone recognizes each other.

My friend Ryan, brought some friends with him. One happens to be a woman he's dating. She fell off the stage dancing on the stripper pole at Spanky"s (fourth bar from the end) and got sick at Duecets (third from the end). She's not hurt (aside from her pride) but has earned the nickname 'Crash'. The funny thing is this, every year Ryan, or someone he's with (ex-wife, girlfriend, etc.) gets sick, passes out, or generally makes a fool of themselves. Way to keep a tradition.

Most of the bars were happy to see us, only a couple seemed upset that 100 paying customers showed up to keep them busy. Toward the end people are over tipping all over the place, those bartenders should be raking in the money. Would you turn all of those potential tips away?

5 comments:

Kelly O said...

Heck no I wouldn't turn those people away. I would make sure my bar was on the crawl list and I would have plenty of barenders and run the crawl shot special. I know how to so things right.

Oh wait, I don't own a bar.

Shannon said...

Even though the bartenders were strange and rude at a couple of the bars a good time was had by all.

Wudas said...

Maybe Shannon or Will or someone should send a note to the saltier bars about Kelly's suggestion. Threaten to take them off the crawl next year.

Anonymous said...

I think Kelly would be good on the apprentice!

wilsajedi said...

keeefer, you missed a hell of a crawl

wudas, this is the first year we actually warned the bars (we were expecting at least 80 people). They knew we were coming so they should have had the staff.