Saturday, July 09, 2005

The not so long weekend

This is an update on how the hops are growing. To anyone interested in gardening, I highly recommend planting some hops . They just need water and they grow like 15 feet high.

Well I guess I milked that long enough, 17 comments on one post was pretty good I think.

Last weekend I was so busy I felt like I ran myself ragged. This weekend however I have nothing to do, not one thing, nada. Even the honey-do list is pretty short. Man it feels nice to not have any responsibilities. Of course Shannon will read this and come up with a list so I may have blown a relaxing weekend all to hell.

I do have projects that need to get done, but nothing really pressing. We just got a new entertainment center that I need to sand and stain. We're going to take out the the carpet around the bar and install tile. We need a new garbage disposal, but none of this stuff has to be done in a weekend or by a certain date.

Soon all this lazy time will catch up with me and everything will be back to normal.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

It's nice to enjoy the lazy weekend once in a while.

Anonymous said...

I hope lots o' hops = lots o' beer!

Wudas said...

My hops look pretty good too. Not as good as yours but it took me a while to figure out they are water hogs. At least out here. I'm waiting for them to get a bit bigger and post a pic. They won't rival yours though. Relax, enjoy your family this weekend.

wilsajedi said...

angie, yes lot's of hops do = lot's of beer. Hops are actually added for flavor, aroma, and as a preservative. Each batch of beer only has about 2 oz. of hops, unless you want something really bitter like an IPA.

how's that for beer geek?

wilsajedi said...

Keeefer, I don't usually make IPA's. Shannon prefers the less bitter stuff, and I prefer stout (Guiness is my favorite)

Wudas said...

Can you make beer without hops?

Kelly O said...

I love weekends that don't involve a lot of 'have to's'. Family weekends are the best.

Your hops look nice, I should post a picture of my neighbors hops for you. Canadian Hops Eh?